1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Battery Charging Problems

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Shampersands, Dec 22, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Shampersands

Shampersands Thread Starter

I bought my Acer Aspire 5535 back last year, and recently (about 2 months ago) I had to buy a new battery for it. I bought it off Amazon, and it has been working fine until the last two days. The other night, it suddenly turned off and since then, when I plug it in, it says that it's plugged in and charging, but it only stays at 15% and every time I unplug the charger, my computer turns off. I'm not sure what to do, because I don't want to have to keep my computer plugged in for it to work, but I just bought this battery and I'm not sure if I have to buy another.

2. raybro

raybro

Hello Shampersands and welcome to TSG...

It's likely the battery is defective. It happens. :(

If you have the paperwork, see what warranty exists and what you need to do to get a replacement.

Raybro

3. Shampersands

Shampersands Thread Starter

That's what I was thinking as well, that I just got unlucky with the battery. But I brought my laptop up to my cousin's who has the same laptop and he's pretty computer savvy and his battery wouldn't work either and he couldn't fix the problem either. I'm wonering if it's worth having someone look at it or just get a new one and start over.

4. Elvandil

Elvandil

Check the manufacturer's web site and KB to see if there is a way to calibrate the battery meter. Though it may well be a bad battery (they don't last long unless cared for with steps beyond those recommended by the company), or it could be that the battery still has juice but the meter is telling the machine to shut down because the 0 is set incorrectly.

Some sites have downloadable calibration programs.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/970017

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice