Battery Charging Problems

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Shampersands

I bought my Acer Aspire 5535 back last year, and recently (about 2 months ago) I had to buy a new battery for it. I bought it off Amazon, and it has been working fine until the last two days. The other night, it suddenly turned off and since then, when I plug it in, it says that it's plugged in and charging, but it only stays at 15% and every time I unplug the charger, my computer turns off. I'm not sure what to do, because I don't want to have to keep my computer plugged in for it to work, but I just bought this battery and I'm not sure if I have to buy another.

Hello Shampersands and welcome to TSG...

It's likely the battery is defective. It happens. :(

If you have the paperwork, see what warranty exists and what you need to do to get a replacement.

Raybro

Shampersands

That's what I was thinking as well, that I just got unlucky with the battery. But I brought my laptop up to my cousin's who has the same laptop and he's pretty computer savvy and his battery wouldn't work either and he couldn't fix the problem either. I'm wonering if it's worth having someone look at it or just get a new one and start over.

Check the manufacturer's web site and KB to see if there is a way to calibrate the battery meter. Though it may well be a bad battery (they don't last long unless cared for with steps beyond those recommended by the company), or it could be that the battery still has juice but the meter is telling the machine to shut down because the 0 is set incorrectly.

Some sites have downloadable calibration programs.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts