1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Battery Died during Factory Reset - No Operating System Found

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by SHERIE72, Apr 15, 2019.

Advertisement
  1. SHERIE72

SHERIE72 Thread Starter

we got a hp pavilion g7 my mother in law restored to factory and battery died in middle of it now all we got is a black screen that says is an operating system wasn't found.try disconnecting and drives that dont contain and operating system.press ctrl + alt+ delete to restart. she dont have no disk for it

2. flavallee

flavallee Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Frank
    What's the exact product number(P/N) and serial number(S/N) on that HP Pavilion g7 series laptop?
    What's the exact Windows version on its Certificate-Of-Authenticity sticker?

You never should've attempted a factory reset on that laptop without its power adapter being plugged in.
    When its battery died during the factory reset process, it corrupted and damaged it.
    That's why you're seeing a "operating system not found" message.

--------------------------------------------------------------

3. plodr

plodr

First Name:
    Liz
    Learned from a bad experience: never do anything on a laptop while it is unplugged and don't do anything during a storm particularly if the battery doesn't hold a charge!

Fortunately I had an image and was able to restore the laptop AFTER the electric was restored.

4. flavallee

First Name:
    Frank
    Laptops usually warn you to connect the power adapter before doing a BIOS update.
    I assume they would display the same warning before doing a factory reset.

---------------------------------------------------------------

5. lunarlander

lunarlander

What version of Windows was she using? If it is Windows 10, then you can download MS Media Creation Tool and generate a DVD/USB memory stick, and use that to install. However I fear data might be gone. If she doesn't have another PC to use MS Media Creation Tool, you can do it for her and mail her the DVD.

6. plodr

plodr

First Name:
    Liz
    I'd also attempt to try the factory restore again. The hidden partition might still be intact and the restore will work this time.

7. flavallee

First Name:
    Frank
    SHERIE72 is a first-time poster and hasn't replied back to any of us, so any further comments and advice from us may be a waste of time.

---------------------------------------------------------------

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1225823

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice