Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Battery Drain

884 views 15 replies 5 participants last post by  Cookiegal 
#1 ·
I have an Alcatel TCL A 1 "burner" phone, (also known as A 501 DL) with Android 8.1 - it's one year old. The battery seems to get drained very fast. I barely use the thing and when I do it's usually only for 10-15 minutes and I'm careful to turn it off. The phone is supposed to give "up to 9 hours talk time" - I realize that battery life depends on a lot of things but is there any way I can improve the length of each battery charge. This old Luddite thanks you!

#3 ·
It has a 2200mAh battery which is smaller than most. If the battery is small, you can't "improve" the length of a battery charge.

How much talk time do you get? Note this is using cell (it says up to 9 hours on 4G network) not using wifi and on the internet.

If you only use it for 15 minutes of talk at a time, how often during the day do you turn it on to talk?

#7 ·
And a lot of apps will periodically check for product updates or status changes (depending on what the app is/does). Also, if you are not using any Bluetooth devices, you can disable that. The radio will use some power checking for connected devices (headphones, speakers, your car, etc.).

#13 ·
This is a very specialized subject and it's beyond our capabilities to help with such topics. Although it is legal to unlock/root or jailbreak phones in some countries it is still illegal in others. Several manufacturers use methods to prevent it. Any incorrect advice given can easily render the phone unworkable (like a brick hence the reference) and we wouldn't want that to happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.