1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Battery for Dell E1505

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Nepsa, May 21, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Nepsa

Nepsa Thread Starter

First Name:
    David
    Any suggestions on the best place to get a replacement battery for my Dell E1505? It appears to be a lot of bad guys out there selling junk. As always, Tech Support Guy Forums always provide the best information.

Thanks

2. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
  3. Alex Ethridge

Alex Ethridge

I've ordered several from www.battdepot.com. There have been occasions they didn't have the battery I wanted and I had to shop elsewhere. I recently wanted to replace the stock 4400-mAH battery that came in an HP DV6000 laptop with an ultra-high capacity 10,400-mAH bettery, almost two-and-a-half times the capacity for a real world run time of four full hours.

I found it on e-bay in Samsung brand. Samsung is a good brand, the seller was "top rated" and PayPal gave me buyer protection so I ordered. It was everything it should have been.

When dealing with e-bay, stick with names brands you trust (if at all possible), top-rated sellers and PayPal and the prospect of having a problem is very, very slim.

4. Nepsa

Nepsa Thread Starter

First Name:
    David
    Thanks for the information. the www.battdepot.com has a very bad rating from the BBB. A score of F. battdepot dosen't even provide the details on the battery. That was my first clue. I have found www.atbatt.com has a high BBB rating along with good ratings from CNET. Thai 9 cell batt. uses samsung parts.. I might try that unless antone has another suggestion.

5. Alex Ethridge

Alex Ethridge

Thanks for the information about BattDepot. I have placed four orders from them without incident and I have referred several people to their site. I guess I was just lucky.

6. cybergod

cybergod

I would just go to www.dell.com to order a new battery.

7. Alex Ethridge

Alex Ethridge

IMO: Like throwing money into the trash.

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/924418

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice