Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Battery Icon gone missing, AGAIN

1K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  Saga Lout 
#1 ·
Once again my battery icon has left Systray. The last thing I did early this morning before I logged off was reinstall IE. My missing battery icon then reappeared. (It is important to me, since I cannot run on ac/DC. I haven't replaced the poorly designed jack on my HP nee Compaq AGAIN and use an offline re-charger and swap batteries, instead)
When I started up after getting some shut-eye the icon was gone, again. I have tried a number of fixes in the past and none work.
Help will be gratefully acknowledged.

#4 ·
Could this be something embarrasingly simple like an icon that hides when it doesn't think it's required? Right click the Taskbar, click Properties and then the button to "Hide Inactive Icons" and that ungreys (real word???) the Customise box to select drop down options on each Taskbar icon you ever had.

#6 ·
Saga,

No, but it may give you a clue. The battery icon is NOT in the drop down list.

But speaking of embarrassment, I am embarrassed that I described my experience level as intermediate, when that is as you have described yourself.

Lee
I mis-described myself as Intermediate when I joined this Forum four or five years back and hadn't quite appreciated the sheer extent of the whole computing subject. If Intermediate means somewhere near half way through, I'll never get there and neither will anyone else. Perhaps I should change my description to "somewhere just above basic" if I were to be honest. :(

I certainly don't know how to force the icon into Taskbar Properties but I wonder if there's a clash between Windows and the computer manufacturer's own power options. Toshiba and Vaio are quite good at confusing Windows in that respect.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.