Battery Icon on System Tray

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

darkbloom1

Hey fellas! It's really good to be here, this site helped me a lot about my problems with operating systems and softwares. Now I'm decided to register, stay and share my knowledge with other members. I post this for a specific reason about the battery icon on system tray which is next to the clock. By the way, I'm using Windows XP x64 Edition on a Toshiba NB520.

Actually there's no problem with this battery meter icon but I want to change it with a much more modern one. My choice is the battery icon of "Power Options" which can be seen in the Control Panel > Performance and Maintenance. But I can't find the correct .dll file which contains bitmap-ico pieces. (or any other resources) Can somebody help me about to find the dll file that contains those icons of power meter?

My point can be seen in the image below.

Last edited:

flavallee

Frank
Trusted Advisor
By the way, I'm using Windows XP x64 Edition on a Toshiba NB520.
The Toshiba NB520 10.1" netbook originally comes with Windows 7 Starter 32-bit.
Why did you switch to such an outdated operating system which is losing more and more support from browsers and other apps?
And the 64-bit version has enough less driver and app support than the 32-bit version does.

--------------------------------------------------------------

managed

Allan
I agree with Frank and also I doubt you can change it easily because that Icon changes when the charger is plugged in.

darkbloom1

I agree with both of you but I have no other choice. I use it for watching movies and keeping a diary. I don't make any online shopping or something else. I use XP because it's working smoothly and Windows 10 AU is shutting down itself for no reason. For example, I turn off the computer and sleep. When I wake up after 6 or 8 hours and try to turn it on, it passes the BIOS screen without any error, the Windows logo comes up and shuts down. Then I press to power button again and it turns on without shutting down. However, I'm installed Kali Linux and Windows XP in different times and they both never came up with this meaningless shut down. Anyway, is there anyone can help me with the resourse file?

Actually I saw the .dll file a long time ago, but I can't remember file's name. It includes all icons of batter states-charging if I don't remember wrong.

I'll be glad if someone comes up and tells me name of that .dll file. So I can change it and live more happier :)
-and thanks for the answers.

Last edited:
Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online