Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

battery is 0% available, plugged in, but not charging

Solved 
1K views 10 replies 3 participants last post by  plodr 
#1 ·
I bought a used laptop from Newegg about December, and for some odd reason I keep having issues with the battery not charging. It first stated that the battery is 0% available, plugged in, but not charging. I looked it up online, I tried going to the Device Manager and find the Batteries;Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery, right click, and uninstall the driver. Then I went to the Action menu at the top of Device Manager, and Scan for Hardware Changes. I waited for it to reinstall the driver. That didn’t work. I tried to do it in safe mode and did the same thing, and it didn't work either. Then I tried to uninstall the battery config, powered down, removed battery, powered up with power supply then reconnected battery, still didn't work. So then I bought another battery from Amazon, that worked for awhile then I had the same issue. So I returned that battery. I just bought another battery 2 weeks ago and now am having the same issue. Now I am thinking this all cannot be a coincidence and it must be the laptop. Do you have any suggestions please and thank you.

#2 ·
Make sure you are using a genuine charger that has the correct voltages required from the manufacturer. Also the battery needs to be a decent one and not a "china cheapie"

Had a few bad experiences with "china cheapies" batteries.

#3 ·
Thank you. The charger is the OEM one I received when I bought it from Newegg. The description of the laptop is this below.
HP Laptop 6560B Intel Core i5 2nd Gen 2520M (2.50 GHz) 4 GB Memory 320 GB HDD Intel HD Graphics 3000 15.6" Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit
the link to the newegg is below
https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834267005
So I looked on HP website, they don't make that battery anymore, or rather sell them. I bought the laptop for my business I run out of my house. The charger works fine. I can work all day with the charger plugged in, but when I want to be mobile, the laptop instantly dies. Do you or anyone recommend where to buy good quality batteries from? I bought two different ones from Amazon, a 6-cell one and also a 9-cell. Oh and the original battery that came with it held a charge, but it died within 15-20 min of taking it off the charger. I would say that is normal as the laptop wasn't new, but refurbished.

Anything would help me at this point.

#5 ·
#8 ·
Rather than buying from Amazon, buy a battery from Batteries + Bulbs.

I got one for an Acer netbook purchased in 2011. It costs more than Amazon but the battery is guaranteed for 1 year. If it fails, they replace at no cost to you. This makes it very handy. I don't have to mail anything back and hope I get a refund. And for 1 year I know I'll have a battery that works perfectly.

I took the netbook to the store and put the battery in, plugged it in and made sure it was recognized and would charge. The battery is a Duracell.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.