1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Battery life decreases after charging in EU using US charger.

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by speldo, Feb 28, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. speldo

speldo Thread Starter

Hi,

I wanted to how to avoid this battery damage. This is my second experience with this issue. One was with my first laptop Toshiba bought in US, which when using in EU and charging it with the same charger + adapter, the battery life decreased significantly. The battery would only last 20-30min or so. Where as before it was about 1h to 2hrs. The second one is with my current Macbook also bought in US and now using in EU. Same thing. I just changed the removable adapter on the charger and again full charge only gives me about 1h or so where before it would be 2-3hrs. Any ideas how to resolve this problem?

Regards
    Tony

2. jack-o-bytes

jack-o-bytes

What country specifically are you in? Are you using an EU charger or a US charger with an adapter?

Jack-O-Bytes

3. speldo

speldo Thread Starter

Iam in Slovakia. Using US charger with an adapter.

4. jack-o-bytes

jack-o-bytes

5. speldo

speldo Thread Starter

6. jack-o-bytes

jack-o-bytes

Hey there, Unless that socket adaptor has a voltage transformer in it you have been plugging you 110v charger into a 230v socket. Check on the charger box as to whether it can handle 230v because other wise you will probably break it.

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/983311

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice