Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Battery life suddenly drained

634 views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  daz1 
#1 ·
Hello,

I own a Dell Studio 15 laptop, usually I get about 3 1/2 to 4 hours of battery life on powersaver mode, depending on what I have turned on and stuff. But when i checked my battery a day ago, I only had 1 hour and 45 minutes of battery life at 100%!! I know that battery life drains over time, but this was so sudden! I lost 2 hours of battery life overnight! Could anyone explain what has happened and how I could go about fixing this problem?

Thanks a bunch!

Ricky

#2 ·
if windows 7 you can manage battery a bit better but batteries do suddenly go, like a car really, one day it starts next dead, can try to fully drain it then fully charge it and whilst charging do not use the laptop till fully done this may help

#3 ·
Thanks for the quick reply!

So there isn't actually anything wrong with my laptop or the battery itself? I really did lose 2 hours of battery life instantaneously huh? I'll try to drain it completely and then fully charge it and see how that goes.

Oh and I do remember a guy who says he could 'repair the battery' by replacing the cells and that it would end up even stronger than before. Is there any truth to that? or should I just go get myself a spare battery?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.