Battery location

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

psych1

I have a situation where I set up an administrator password in BIOS and when I enter the password, it does not recognize it. I called IBM support, and the rep said to take the battery out to reset it. However, I removed as many parts as I could, but I couldn't reach the system board. The computer is an IBM NetVista 2179, model 750, made in 2000. Does anyone have experience with this or a similar situation that could help me find the battery on the system board? Or another way of resetting BIOS?
Thanks

psych1

Thank you! I was looking in the drive ports, no wonder I didn't find the battery. It's behind the monitor.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online