battery or plug in?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

fei888

Hi All,

For my notebook computer, when at home should I use the battery until its all gone then plug into the wall, or should I always plug into the wall? I heard if battery power doesn't get used the battery can go bad quickly.

Please advise.

Thanks a lot.

i leave my laptop plugged in, then once a month drain the battery, it seems to work. I have heard both, and the lazy way is to just leave it plugged in.

Modern laptops have good "smart" battery chargers built in.

The battery will not "go bad" as you suggest, if it is not frequently used.

When you want to use it on battery, do so.
When you are near a plug, use it.

fei888

Hi folks, thank you for all your inputs. My previous laptop's battery chip somehow burned out and it was too costly to replace it, that's why I am asking this question. Sounds like I should both plug it in and use the battery.

I will let you know if it gets burned again.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online