1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Battery or Power Jack Cable?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Rixx, Aug 18, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Rixx

Rixx Thread Starter

Recently my laptop has been acting up, about a week about my laptop started to not want to charge. At first i thought it was a problem with the chargers/AC adapters i had but they've been working perfectly fine and one is a recently charger i bought from amazon to fit the model of laptop i have, making sure everything is compatible. I came to the conclusion that it's not the chargers/AC adapters but the battery itself, so did some searching around to make sure i find what's right and i found a battery which is compatible with my model. The battery came and i installed it, making sure everything was left how it should be, everything is properly connected. I turnt the laptop on and it worked but when i tried to charge the laptop with both of my chargers but it wouldn't work. In the end of it all i think i need a new DC power jack cable or could is be something else?

2. SpywareDr

SpywareDr

If you have a multimeter, check your adapter's output to make sure they are working. (Check the sticker on the AC adapter for the output voltage. It's usually something like 16 to 19 Volt DC).

Often times, on older laptops, the charging port in the laptop is worn out/ broken, and will need to be replaced . . . which is usually a huge hassle.

Rixx likes this.
  3. managed

managed Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    Allan
    What make and model laptop is it ?

4. Rixx

Rixx Thread Starter

Acer Aspire e15 e5-575g-53vg

5. managed

First Name:
    Allan
    1) So it works ok when the charger is connected to it but the battery isn't charging ?
    2) Does the charging light work but show it's not charging ?
    3) What happens if you disconnect the battery, does it still work with the charger only ?
    4) If the battery does have some charge left does it work without the charger connected ?

6. managed

First Name:
    Allan
    I forgot this question :-

5) Is the charger plug a good fit into the laptop ?

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1214643

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice