Battery plugged in but not charging

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Malinois

Hey everyone.
Im using a Lenovo G505s. My battery is plugged in but not charging. That's what the icon states. I've read other posts about this but none of the solutions in those questions solve my problem. Whenever I unplug the battery cord my laptop dies. Could my battery be dead and how can I confirm this? Thanks in advance.

metallica5456

Andrew
Trusted Advisor
If you unplug the battery charger and the laptop literally shuts off immediately, seeing as its not charging as well, you almost certainly have a bad battery. It will likely need replacing. The first sign is issues with it charging. The second would definitely be it shutting off IMMEDIAYELY upon removing the charger.

metallica5456

Andrew
Trusted Advisor
No problem. FWIW, I have almost always bought my battery's either from eBay or Amazon, whoever had the best price.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online