Battery problem

MAYOENT

If this is the wrong room please move.

I have a refurbished HP laptop, 6735b. New upgrade from Windows 7 to Windows 10.
Just got a brand new battery, and I have the same problem as the old battery. When fully charged, 100 percent, it only has two hours of power. It's supposed to have up to 5 hours. The old battery got about 1 1/2 hours. So I don't think it's the battery, maybe something inside the unit. What can I do?

flavallee

Frank
Trusted Advisor
I wouldn't complain at all if my Dell laptop could run for 2 hours only on its battery.

Windows 7 and Windows 10 handle laptop battery burn time differently, so that may be the reason for it.

--------------------------------------------------

MAYOENT

Thanks for the info, but it's about
how the battery charges to 100 percent, but only has two hours of life. The brand new battery is supposed to giv

MAYOENT

Sorry-- new battery is supposed to give up to five hours, I would think that I would get at least four
That's why I'm wondering if it's something internal in the laptop

plodr

Liz
The key is up to x number of hours. The only time I've gotten close to the "up to" amount posted by the manufacturer was when the laptop was new, and when I turned the screen brightness way down and was not doing anything intensive like streaming videos. You won't get 5 hours out of a 10 year old laptop running Windows 10 that was designed to run a less intensive version of Windows like Vista.

That model laptop is 10 years old and came with Vista.
Source: https://www.newegg.com/hp-compaq-6735b/p/N82E16834147779
https://support.hp.com/gb-en/document/c01512470#AbT0

new battery is supposed to give up to five hours,
Post where you saw that. The new battery I bought for a laptop didn't specify the number of hours it was supposed to give.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online