1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Battery will charge with computer off only

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by FetishCyclist, Feb 25, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FetishCyclist

FetishCyclist Thread Starter

Hello,

I've looked through the archives a little and haven't found anything about this topic, so I thought I would ask. The battery charges just fine with the computer off, but with the computer on, the little battery icon flashes on and off once the battery gets to a lower level. What that level is I don't really know. Also, and I'm afraid of the response to this, but I have to position the A/C adapter cord to a certain angle to get a good connection. I've tried cleaning the contacts to no avail.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

2. norton850

norton850

Perhaps two problems. The positioning of the cord means something wrong with it or the plug on the laptop. The charging problem might be a problem with the charging circuit in the laptop (MB). Would be nice to blame it all on the laptop plug, but not sure we can do that.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!