1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Battery will no longer charge on vaio fx140

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by xenihtis, Sep 9, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. xenihtis

xenihtis Thread Starter

:mad:

just what the heading says. i took my laptop with me to Europe and bringing it back, i had it fully charged. when i went to turn it on w/out the AC adapter, it wouldn't start. but when i put the adapter on, it worked fine. im thinking maybe the voltage in europe overcharged the batter??? it worked fine while i was there.

now i need a new battery for school, but i need to know how to find out if the battery is at fault or the battery bay itself inside the laptop.

2. ~Candy~

~Candy~ Retired Administrator

So, it would seem that you charged the battery prior to leaving, and when you turned it on without the adapter, it wouldn't start. That would eliminate anything other than the battery........at least in my opinion ;)

3. xenihtis

xenihtis Thread Starter

but it turned on when i plugged it into the AC adapter. how would that eliminate everything else but the battery?

4. ~Candy~

Have you tried recharging the battery since you've been back?

5. xenihtis

xenihtis Thread Starter

yea. it won't charge at all.

6. ~Candy~

Sounds like a new battery should remedy the problem.

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/272228

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice