1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Battle of The Operating Systems: Gaming

Discussion in 'Games' started by IntensiveBytes, Aug 3, 2011.

?

Which operating system do you think is better for gaming?

1. Windows 7

14 vote(s)
    66.7%
  2. Windows Vista

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Windows XP

6 vote(s)
    28.6%
  4. Mac OS X

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Linux

1 vote(s)
    4.8%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. IntensiveBytes

IntensiveBytes Thread Starter

Hey guys! (and girls :p)

I would just like to ask, which operating system do YOU think is more for gaming? As in, which one works better, faster, and more reliable?
    To me, I think Windows XP is much more for gaming/hardcore gaming because of it's simplicity.
    Windows 7 has too much theme options (Aero, transparency, etc) and animations.
    I mean, that depends whether you want those features or not.

Windows XP is simple, not too much of theme options, animations are simple, less lag, less technical problems, but doesn't have compatibility with the newer versions of Direct X. If I'm not mistaken, the latest version of Direct X for Windows XP is Direct X 9. That isn't much of a big problem to me. :)

Those are my thoughts.

Vote for what OS you think is better for gaming in the poll, or reply below! :)

2. Tanis

Tanis

First Name:
    Shane
    I used XP for many years and found it pretty decent on the whole. Having upgraded to Win7 about 10 months ago I can say that 7 has been faultless for my gaming so far, apart from some compatibility problems with older games when I have had the odd notion for a bit of nostalgia.

3. i3_fanatic

i3_fanatic

I prefer to game on windows XP because it's simple and fast (which I enjoy) however, Windows 7 is currently being supported with better graphics.

4. krystianb12

krystianb12

Windows 7 64 Bit is Faster for gaming, Only 64 Bit as it uses Less ram and Better graphics But Windows XP SP3 Is Fine too as i am currently using it.

5. tom6049

tom6049

Windows 7 64bit...DirectX 11.....enough said.

6. krystianb12

krystianb12

I agree With that, but if your Computer is not that good then just use Wind Xp.

7. Gulo Luseus

Gulo Luseus

Win 7 64 bit. Suports new games, has MS support and DX11.
    As Tom said, nuff said.

8. hateandfriends

hateandfriends

I would say Windows 7. Before 7, XP was the best.

9. i3_fanatic

i3_fanatic

I'd still enjoy a rig with xp over Win.7 anyday because of the simplicity and the fact I don't always have to hit " run as administrator "

10. Firebreather

Firebreather

I would also go for windows 7....

11. Couriant

Couriant Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    James
    Windows ME!! :)

i3 = there is ways to prevent that message. Its just settings.

12. nuber43

nuber43

I say windows 7. DirectX 11 and most new games require it. although XP is quite decent.

13. Couriant

Couriant Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    James
    really it's like saying what playstation was better... PSone, PS2, or PS3... obviously Windows 7 would be the better one.

14. neofan3

neofan3

I don't think it is a choice. Sooner or later you have to switch to win7 because new games will use higher DirectX. For now, just stay with XP. No needs to move to Vista.

15. Sharma7

Sharma7

Ya, Windows 7's DX11 is dragging everyone in. Microsoft is encouraging the process a ton too. Microsoft is trying to get more people to Win7. They've already made IE9 so that it only works with Vista and 7..
    Vista sucks. I saw this experiment that this group did too see which operating system was faster (Win7,XP,Vista). Vista was WAAAY slower than XP and 7. XP beat 7 slightly, but then again, having DX11 evens it up..

16. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!