1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Battle Realms locking up at start

Discussion in 'Games' started by Kurtt, Apr 25, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kurtt

Kurtt Thread Starter

Just bought Battle Realms today at Ross's for 5 bucks, figured I'd have no problem running it. Well I installed it fine.. started it up and at the Liquid logo, its locks up my whole pc. I've upgraded to the 3rd Battle Pack or whatever its called. Even installed Direct X 9.0b. My drivers are up to date for my video card. Here's my system specs.

Windows XP Pro
    1.2 Ghz Amd Thunderbird
    512 megs ram
    GeForce Fx 5200 128 meg (newest drivers)
    Direct X 9.0b

I've uninstalled and reinstalled the game into a different folder. Tried starting it a few times and it locks up my whole system at the logo. I can't end the task.. nada. I haven't tried messing with the resolution in the cfg file or tried making it a window. Will try that next but I doubt it'll do anything. So any help would be greatly appreciated.

2. Kurtt

Kurtt Thread Starter

messed with the config file.. even changed the command
    fullscreen=1 to fullscreen=0 and it still comes up in fullscreen mode, then locks up.

I even rapidly pressed escape before the logo would pop up and itd skip the logo screen but would immediatly lock up at the following screen where it shows the loading progress bar.

:confused: any help would be appreciated, seems like it would have been a fun game. So far with the only interaction I've had is of pressing the escape key repeatdly which kinda makes me feel like some button mashing moron who only plays Eddie on Tekken. :(

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!