Battlefield 1942: Desert Combat Mod Problem

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

I Fix 4 U

Now that I have this nice and new 9600XT 256, the game runs great. I was able to max out settings and turn all effects on. I'm running at 1024x768x32 @ 60.
I get roughly 70 FPS ingame and all is well... Kinda.
I turned on AA to 4x in Catalyst Control Center. I set AS to 4x also.
All the graphics ingame look wonderful. Much better than before. I have one problem which really irks me. The text ingame is horrible. If theres chat, or server messages any text of such sort, it is all blurred almost invisible, and jarbled. I can read the text in darker, shadowy areas, but when flying or out in the sun, the chat messages are unreadable. How can I fix this???

I read about this problem last week I think while doing some regular internet browsing. I can't remember what site I was on, but I'm pretty sure it has something to do with your AA or AS values. Fiddle around with those and I think you'll be able to get it working right.

I Fix 4 U

At first it was 2x AA 8x AS. That had bad text. Now I'm 4x AA, 4x AS. Still bad.
Hmm I'll have to keep experimenting.
How much will AS help me? I know AA does wonders but AS? is it worth it?
Shadows in Desert Combat.. I dont really need those either, since they don't add much goodness like the shadows in BF2 add.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online