Battlefield 1942 Game screen goes multicouloured and wierd after pressing auto adjust

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

corey19981

Ok.. I really need some help here.

I have had Battlefield 1942 Pc game for about a couple of years, and it works fine, no probs or anything. lasnight I was gaming, and as the map was loading, the screen looked about a millimeter to the left, so I pressed the 'auto-adjust' button on my tft moniter, to find that the screen had gone really wierd. I done a system restore, un-installed it and found that I could't re-install it because of this error message. I scanned the registry with a program and fixed the problems. I installed it, and found that I still had the same problem. I have also tried

unplugging the moniter and plugging it back in again
Restarting (obviously)
Booting up in VGA Mode

The top screenshot is what the main menu normally looks like (I have it english; i nicked this one off another site just to give you an idea), and the lower one is what it looks like on my pc.

also, I tried pressing print screen to take a screenshot, but when I pasted the image into an image editor, it looked how it should look, not fuzzy at all. I just thought it might help. I had to take a picture with my camera to show you instead.

corey19981

It has worked perfectly since the day I got it, up until lastnight after pressing the auto adjust button.
I updated the drivers about 3 days ago when trying to get my bf2 to work (my gfx card isn't good enough, but thats a different story)

I have done all the simple stuff. I have gone all through the bios, booted it in vga mode, which resets all the monitor settings all to no avail

Is it possible to change the video settings to 640x480x16 and move the grafics to low and give it a try

corey19981

tried that. anyway if it did work there'd be no point coz how am I supposed to pwn n00bs with 640x480???? lol

If a screenshot DID NOT capture the weird image, then it is most definitely not a video card issue, but rather a problem with your monitor.

If you can, try swapping your monitor with another one and see if that helps at all.

corey19981

that is exactly what I was thinking. I'll give it a go. In that case, I need to know how to reset my monitor. it doesn't seem to have a 'reset' button. I have tried booting up in VGA mode, but that just resets the graphics card settings, not the moniter settings. does anyone know how I can reset my moniter? it is a Digimate L-1715

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online