1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Battlefield 1942 problems

Discussion in 'Games' started by boham78, Apr 7, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. boham78

boham78 Thread Starter

Hello

I have been having big problems with playing Battlefield 1942. I read on your website that I need to make sure that all of my drivers need to be updated fully in order to play this game. I have updated everything that I could possibly think of and am still having problems. Below is a description of my problems and specs of my computer including driver versions. Any help that you can possibly give me will be would be greatly appreciated. If you have any questions, I can be reached at [email protected] at any time of any day. Thank you.

Problems:
    If I play for an hour, I will most likely have a crash 4-5 times within that hour. It crashes during no particular reason. I do crash a little more often when playing online, and when I am changing maps. Sometimes I crash to windows and am able to get back on the game and continue playing. Other times I crash to windows and have to restart my computer because when I get back on to the game, it just crashes when loading a map every time. Also, the game completely crashes windows and my computer automatically restarts in the middle of playing for no apparent reason (Or at least none that I could find). I have installed the Version 1.6 patch to the game.
    Also, as fast as I should be able to play my game with great graphics because of my system, there are a lot of choppy areas when playing. Especially when I am around a lot of other characters.

Specs:
    Windows XP Home
    Motherboard—ASUS - P4S533-E Bios version – 5.23.02
    CPU—Pentium 4 2.4G
    RAM— 1.5G DDR 2100
    Graphics Card—NVIDIA – Geforce 4 TI4400 128 MB ram
    Driver Version – 6.14.0010.5664 With Direct X 9.0
    Sound Card—(On Board) C-Media
    Driver Version – 5.12.0001.0639

*** All off these specs I have obtained from running DXDIAG***

Attached, is the copy of the "HijackThis" log that I ran IAW your instructions.

Bradley Hamilton
    [email protected]

Attached Files:

2. Katana_SIm

Katana_SIm

Hey, You Vcard and everything seems good. Try pulling your res to 800x600 or something and bringin down some of your settings. I used to Bf 1942 a lot at my friends place. He has Win xp to and it would crash a lot because of his graphic settings. I got it at my house and ran it on Win 98 , Med settings and it didnt crash yet. So try that, and if you didnt update your xp drivers, do that 2.

3. boham78

boham78 Thread Starter

I tried lowering the graphics settings with no help. I did however, lower the sound card setings in the game to the lowest possible. It seem to work great so far. I guess the onboard sound card isn't good enough for good quality sound on this game. I also updated to Direct X 9.0b. Thanks for the help

4. boham78

boham78 Thread Starter

Oh, I also wiped out windows messenger completely off my computer. It was running in the background taking some CPU time away. For any that want to know how to do this:
    1. Click Start - Run
    2. Type the following line

RunDll32 advpack.dll,LaunchINFSection %windir%\INF\msmsgs.inf,BLC.Remove

it will do the job

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!