1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Battlefield 1942 video problem

Discussion in 'Games' started by richocki, Jan 14, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. richocki

richocki Thread Starter

I have two problems with video when I start BF 1942. These are new problems that did not exist until a week or so ago.

1 - When I start the game the main menu screen is unreadable. It looks something like confetti. After I blindly pick an internet game and get in I can go back to the main menu and it is ok.

2 - In the game under options - video I have all the different resolutions to pick from but only in 60Hz.

The game is useable but I would like to have it trouble free again. Should I reinstall?

2. kiwiguy

kiwiguy

What type of monitor?

Many monitors will produce that result if the resolution is above that which their electronics can handle.

3. MahaGamer

MahaGamer

First try getting the LATEST update. then upgrade your video drivers. still doesnt' work try overclocking your video card for the heck of it! I had a similar problem but i upgraded my video drivers and it went a way. good luck! :)

4. richocki

richocki Thread Starter

My monitor and video card both worked fine with BF1942 up until about a week ago then my problem started and has been with me now each time I run the game. Once in the game if I go back the the menu to pick a different server of change options it displays ok. The only problem remain then is only having 60Hz to choose from in the video resolutions are.

So I do not think it is a video driver or monitor problem.

5. D0C_Hol1d@y

[email protected]

Actually you are having one of those two problems. You're saying you can only choose 60hz, I assume that's a refresh rate. It has something to do with your video card or video card driver. Give us your system specs so we can help you troubleshoot this.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!