1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Battlefield 2 Black screen crash to desktop on start up

Discussion in 'Games' started by 206Wolfpack, Dec 16, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. 206Wolfpack

206Wolfpack Thread Starter

Last summer my PC essentially fried out and I had to get a new one. I tried to install BF2 on it and it wouldn't work what so ever... I forget what all I tried to do in order to make it work (trust me I tried, 4+hours at one point), but nothings worked so far. I think (not positive though) that my video cards up to date. I saw in a thread regarding a similar problem to change the 'fullscreen' to negative so you could see the error message.
    It shows as,

BF2 ERROR

Version: 1.5.3153-802.0 Build date:2009-8-20 18:8
    Module: RendDX9
    File:
    C:\dice\Projects\BF2Branches\Patch_1_50\Code\BF2\RendDX9\VideoOptions.cpp
    Line: 234

Text: Unknown DynamicOption value 800x600

Current confile:

and thats it.. I tried looking for this .cpp file to even see wtf it was and of course there wasnt even a C:\dice folder so i have no clue where the hell to go from here.

The monitor I got right nows workin on 1920x1080 res.

I remember last summer that there were some possible things to change around in a notepad file about the resolution but I'm gonna see if anyone can seem to work the problem or think out a solution before messing with things..

Thanks & Regards,
    -206Wolfpack

2. ajkane

ajkane

Try showing hidden files and folders and then look for it. I am not going to tell you to reinstall the game because I am sure you have already done that. I will look at my game (I have BF2 as well). Also, try updating direct X, because your error references to it.

3. 206Wolfpack

I already have the hidden folders/files shown and C:\Dice doesn't exist, (I tried tying it into the search line and tried entering 'BF2Branches' as well, nothings showing). The direct X is up to date as well, I'm guessing the problem has something either to do with the screen size or the fact that win7 was made after bf2. (I installed 1.4 then 1.41 then 1.5 as well, in that order...)

Starting to remember why i just said screw it last time I tried fixing the problem.

Ah and went to the folders thing under control panel and unchecked all the 'keep hidden' selections just to make sure everything was being shown.

Thanks for the show of interest though,

4. tom6049

tom6049

Where did you get this game from?

5. 206Wolfpack

Target, years ago, wasn't downloaded or anything.. only reason I still wanna play it is b\c of PR..

6. ACA529

ACA529

Are you using nVidia graphics?

7. 206Wolfpack

Yea a GeForce 220.. I can run company of heroes and other games completely fine though.

8. 206Wolfpack

Why would NVidia even effect it?

9. ajkane

ajkane

Nvidia has been having some problems lately with the NEW games like BF3, Skyrim, and MW3. But they are still working fine with the old stuff. Have you reinstalled the game and attempted to play it without the update patch, because that may be what is causing the problem.

10. 206Wolfpack

Yeah, i did this last summer, tried after downloading every update (1.4&try, 1.41&try again, etc.). Some shits just not working right with it, I have no clue what?? I brought my old harddrive to my college once to get data off of it and my friend could play it on his computer which had a flat screen, so I dont think the problem would be due to monitor size but I honestly have no clue.
    Think the fact that my new PC is a HP would have anything to do with it?

11. ajkane

ajkane

No, what OS. are you using?

12. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1031563

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice