Battlefield 2 connection problem

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

F1Technology

Hi guys,

Nothing is going my way lately, so heres the problem: I installed the game like i usually do, restarted the computer, installed the latest patch and restarted but now when i log in (successful- and quick) and click on multi-player and search for servers i always get the same 188 servers- none of which i can join.

I either get: connection failed, check your connnections OR Refused connection by server...

Again i have never had this problem. I have a DG834PN Netgear router and im with internode ISP.

I spent an hour on the phone with tech support trying to work out whats going, i can ping their game servers from cmd, but i just cant see or connect from in-game... :mad:

thanks all!

The GameSpy Master Server Query has been having problems the past few days. This has affected not only Battlefield 2 but several other games too. You can read more through here
http://forums.gamespy.com/gaming_help/b50691/19906296/p1/?23

You will find your game listed in this "Game's to be Fixed" sticky here:
http://forums.gamespy.com/gaming_help/b50691/19908000/p1/?18

But you can Direct connect to a server if you know the IP address and server name. You may find a listing through your Battlefield 2 forums or any clans.

Try connecting through the GameSpy Arcade now.....the servers are up for nearly all games affected now. I did see the Battlefield 2 servers were up.

Hi guys,

Nothing is going my way lately, so heres the problem: I installed the game like i usually do, restarted the computer, installed the latest patch and restarted but now when i log in (successful- and quick) and click on multi-player and search for servers i always get the same 188 servers- none of which i can join.

I either get: connection failed, check your connnections OR Refused connection by server...

Again i have never had this problem. I have a DG834PN Netgear router and im with internode ISP.

I spent an hour on the phone with tech support trying to work out whats going, i can ping their game servers from cmd, but i just cant see or connect from in-game... :mad:

thanks all!
You have toopen the ports that the game server requires.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online