battlefield 2 crashes after first splash screen

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

G36C

Ok it was working fine just yesterday morning then when I transported it to my other house it just stopped working. I don't think it's a software problem because I did a system restore with no results. However, all my other games work fine. I have tried installing drivers, the SDK updates, auto updates, even reinstalling the game. My temps are 39 for CPU, 42 for HDD(I have 3) and 45-46 degrees celcius for the card. The game is installed on my H drive(btw all sata) on a Raid0 stripe set with 2 74GB raptors. I'm getting really frusturated not being able to play this game so answer as quickly as you can. If all else fails, Im calling EA tommorow morning. BTW my specs are, x800 pro, amd 3500+, 1 gig low latency xms corsair ram, 1 300GB maxtor diamondmax hd, and the two raptors. Built it myself with supervision by a tech. Thank you if you answer my question!

G36C said:
Ok it was working fine just yesterday morning then when I transported it to my other house it just stopped working. I don't think it's a software problem because I did a system restore with no results. However, all my other games work fine. I have tried installing drivers, the SDK updates, auto updates, even reinstalling the game. My temps are 39 for CPU, 42 for HDD(I have 3) and 45-46 degrees celcius for the card. The game is installed on my H drive(btw all sata) on a Raid0 stripe set with 2 74GB raptors. I'm getting really frusturated not being able to play this game so answer as quickly as you can. If all else fails, Im calling EA tommorow morning. BTW my specs are, x800 pro, amd 3500+, 1 gig low latency xms corsair ram, 1 300GB maxtor diamondmax hd, and the two raptors. Built it myself with supervision by a tech. Thank you if you answer my question!
I had a similar problem. If you've tried latest drivers, the only thing I would say is to do a reinstall...

That's what I did - its drastic, but in the end I knew that it would *work*

HTH
Yama

when all else fails .. check this site .. it takes time ,. but the more you know the better off you are .( maybe <--LOL )

check this guide BF2 wicked guide
hope this helps you -.-
cheers

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts