1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Battlefield 2 crashes at loading screen(vista)

Discussion in 'Games' started by punwisp, May 18, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. punwisp

punwisp Thread Starter

Issues Ive seen about this had to do with a "laptop" This is about my desktop, thus a different issue.

Anyway here are my specs.

Windows Vista Home Base
    manufacture: Dell
    Model: Inspiration 531
    Processor: AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Duel Core Processor 3800+ 2.01 GHz
    Memory(Ram): 1022 MB
    System Type: 32-bit Operating System
    Video Card: Nividia GeForce 8600GT

Battlefield 2142 works perfectly fine on my computer, on this game i played it after I installed battlefield 2(I got the collectors edition) and it worked fine(this is on SP) only it was a bit laggy/slow. Then I installed the whole thing, and i put click on the icon and it would show a loading screen, that woudl go poof then a black screen blinks up and then nothing happends.

This is what ive tried

compatibility techniques(with properties)
    Couple tricks i learned online
    updated direct X
    updated My drivers
    and some other things.

In my opinion its Vista, I don't know why it doesn't like this game... Can anyone assist me? Brand new game I got, I got tired of playing the same games over and over...

While installing only 1 error came up a few times

"Battlefield 2 was only tested on 32 bit color"\

Only error I got.
    Can anyone give me a simple solution(Buying another computer isn't a solution, this is brand new.)

Also I would like to note I waited a WEEK INA HALF just to receive a confirmation email from this site to make a account.

2. punwisp

punwisp Thread Starter

Must be someone who can offer a solution... I spent all my money buying this game and its not working :/, please.... Ive spent hours trying to figure out the solution/problem....

3. lostTime

lostTime

sound's familiar ,
    seems to be that vista systems not being able to play games but i see more posts about vists/hi-end cards
    some pple are getting around this by useing older drivers or spicific ones

too bad there are no old drivers for the BFG 9800 GX2 1gig

i can't get wow installed or gears of war to run smooth

4. Mayor Quimby

Mayor Quimby

go to

documents > battlefield 2 > profiles > defualt

look for VideoSettings.setResolution [email protected]

change the resolution around. I dont know what will work for your pc. Try setting it to your Native Resolution for your monitor.

5. Prizzbone

Prizzbone

BF2 is the best game ever, play it all the time. But unfortunetly it is a pain the the butt to keep running, xp or vista. Here is what I do when out of nowhere it blacks out on me (goes black after the splash screen or right after loading). 1st off, make sure you have patch 1.41 installed, if you have the complete collection and did a full install, it should already be patched, if not, download the patch(http://www.ea.com/official/battlefield/battlefield2/us/downloads.jsp)
    and go from there. Next, reinstall dx9, taht fixes my problem 9 out of 10 times, I am not sure what happens, but it does it a lot. If it still does't work, go into My Docs> Battlefield 2 > and delete teh profiles folder. Don't worry, once you log in and retrieve your account it will recreate the folder, but your settings will be lost. of coursem, check to make sure your drivers are up to date. oh yeah, make sure your gfx card is compatible, Ionce dinked aroung for hours with it only to find out that a geforce 5500 doesn't work, no matter what.

6. HM9408

HM9408

Guys, I have a similar problem. A year ago (damn, I lost my warranty) I bought BF2 Complete Collection. It was the best game ever. I have Windows Vista (watch my pc's specs) and it ran perfectly until I stopped playing for a while and some DVD's files were erased - Special Forces and autorun files. But 6 months after I bought it, Vista started to take me out of the game and into the desktop, closing the game. I tried changing the screen resolution, installing the patch and reinstalling it. It didn't work. What can I do?

7. Helter23

Helter23

right click on the desktop icon of BF2 and select properties then select the tab compatibility at the bottom of this page u will see privilege level. select the "Run this program as an administrator"...that should work!(at least it did for me)

8. HM9408

HM9408

Thanks, but it didn't work. I need to execute it always as administrator, because Vista doesn't let you to play online without doing that.

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/713292

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice