1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Battlefield 2 crashes when joining servers!

Discussion in 'Games' started by NoobinatorHere, Dec 30, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. NoobinatorHere

NoobinatorHere Thread Starter

Hi guys,

I recently tried to install Battlefield 2 to play LAN co-op with friends. However, whenever I try to join a server – any server at all – the game crashes to the desktop. I have tested this on five computers. My windows 7 64 bit desktop works fine, my Vista 64 bit laptop works perfectly, but three windows 7 laptops all fail to join servers. They simply crash to the desktop instantly.

On these three computers that can't connect to any server, I have tried opening task manager, right clicking BF2.exe, set affinity, and unticking everything except CPU 0. This achieved absolutely nothing. I have tried running the game in compatibility mode for windows XP and windows Vista. Nothing. I have tried a completely fresh install, removing registry data and the 'my documents' BF2 folder, and starting completely from scratch. Nothing. I have tried version 1.00, 1.12, 1.41 and 1.5. None work. I have tried updating punkbuster, I have tried opening bf2 as an administrator, I have tried everything with my CD, and just for good record I traded installation discs with a friend and tried to reinstall it again in case there was a tiny scratch on my CD. I have tried as much as possible listed above in conjunction with each other. Nothing at all works. The same three computers simply cannot connect to any LAN BF2 server, they just crash to the desktop.

If it's relevant in any way, I'm connecting over tunngle. All participants have the green smiley face in the bottom right.

I've looked around on the net and found nothing that I haven't already tried. Does anyone have any idea about how to properly fix this?

2. Gulo Luseus

Gulo Luseus

This is not a fixable issue. BF3 is playable through battlelog, and battlelog only. Never heaard of Tunngle before, but a quick google shows that is a LAN prog. BF3 is online only, not LAN.

Go through Battlelog and drop Tunngle if you want to play.

3. NoobinatorHere

NoobinatorHere Thread Starter

I'm asking about Battlefield 2, not Battlefield 3 :) Thanks for the reply anyways

4. Gulo Luseus

Gulo Luseus

Oops, sorry! <blush>

It was late when I posted, and think I had my "I cant read " specs on. Will have a look and see if I can find something for you:)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!