Battlefield 2 crashing/ overheating

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

jimbob00001

AAAAArrrrrh! not again! It just keeps crashing after 5 -10 mins, either kicking me out or rebooting the PC. It seems like it's over heating but both SLI cards are running at 57 which should be ok right? No probs with any other games, just with the one i actually want to play (naturally) Any suggestions?

Welcome to TSG I'm guessing you are running dual 6800's right?

Do you get any errors or messages when it crashes. Is your punkbuster up to date and are you patched. Do you have the latest graphics and audio drivers along with directx?

jimbob00001

Thanks

Yep, running dual 6800. It started just kicking me to desktop but now is re-booting. Just checked my CPU temp which is ramping up to 93!!!! This has never been an issue before and all my fans are runnning. This is going to sound a tad thick but can a particular game overheat the CPU.

My set up isn't overclocked and all other games seem ok. Got all the latest drivers.

Cheers

Jim

I think battlefield ended up with a really glitched update EA released to everyone they are gonna release a hotfix but if you haven't patched wait for the next patch should be out soon or could already be out, the game is brand new and quite glitchy so fans are just riding it out, dont forget to make sure PB is updated.

I have the same problem running a 6800 gt and since the new drivers have came out i have also had this problem with c.s source.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online