Battlefield 2 Demo

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

joe_joe133

Hi I just want to say that i'm surprised battlefield 2 worked on my pc cause "AMD Athlon" isn't even in the supported list i didn't touch any settings and loaded the sp part and walk about there was no shadows or decals but the frames were surprising i didn't see them but it must have been 60 or more.

I have just changed my Geforce 3 for this card.

So you are now using the radeon 9200 SE 128mb and the game runs fine? I am asking b/c i am looking for the cheapest card I can that runs BF2. I currently have nvidia geforce4 mx440

Cheap cards won't run this game well period. You also will need to run 1gb of ram to run it smoothly. The demo also plays much smoother then the actual game for most people so don't expect the same with the full version.

oh ok, whats the minimum nvidia card you would recommend? or what minimum radeon would you rocommend?

Radeon 9800pro or better(9700pro works too but may not be as readily available). Nvidia 6600GT or better.

i have a geforce fx 5900xt and it runs bf 2 extremely smooth

i would tell you my frame rate but fraps doesnt work with bf2.

the only problem that i ever had with it was the game disconnecting

i fixed it by increasing the windows page file.

on starwars jedi academy, i get around 170FPS on full quality.

i used msconfig to get my pc starting up with only 8 running processes.

all games get a big fps increase and ping goes down.

my ping is usally around 15-22

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online