1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Battlefield 2..did i get banned?

Discussion in 'Games' started by Doom_Machine, Jul 30, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Doom_Machine

Doom_Machine Thread Starter

got it last week and played for a couple hours, one day i got in a tank and enemies all around so i fired a few random shots apparantly killing some team mates so i got banned from server

after that every server i went to it said: you've been kicked via punkbuster for 0 min, reason restriction something er other
    tried later same thing

2 days later whenever i click on a server join game it exits me to desktop

i didnt think my mistake was that bad, i mean i'm a noob for gods sakes

2. rexgrant

rexgrant

Hi Doom_Machine.
    I would uninstall Battle field 2 then reinstall then go to www.ea.com/official/battlefield/battlefield2/us/downloads.jsp
    and download the patches and updates.
    Regards.
    Rex(y)

3. sycosteve

sycosteve

:D i dont think you banned from all servers.. are you trying to go into the same server?? if your buff2 game is crashing repeatedly i wools try doing a system restore to the day before. it started messing up... always create a restore point i do everynight before i shut down just to be safe only take a few seconds to do.. system resotore is in the control paenl (xp)
    under system maintenance.. then look in top left box youll see system restore in small letter choose that , then choose, restore pc to earlier time. when the calendar apears choose the nearest one you can one day or two before probelums persist.... if this doesnt work id go on www.eagames.com... and go on there forums.. they can help you there.
    if you were using anytime of cheat and ea picked up on it then you could very well be banned... sorry just a FYI ea doesnt mess with cheaters.. and im glad i play buff2 also user name FKRsycosteve :) whats you user name in buff2?

4. Doom_Machine

its already patched with the latest

it does the same thing on all servers...says you've been kicked via punkbuster for 0 min. but now it just exits to desktop

i didnt cheat anything, i just shot a few squadmates unintentionally, i didnt really know much of what i was doing cuz this was my first online game i ever played

it worked perfectly till that happened, also single player works fine

i'll try reinstalling
    mine is mike72176

5. sycosteve

sycosteve

dude try going on eagames.com

6. Smety

Smety

Mike, you didn't get banned from BF2 don't worry :)

But unfortunately BF2 has some bad glitches/errors, I would try reinstalling game and then reinstalling all the patches . . .

7. Doom_Machine

well its been quite a while, have a new install of XP and reinstalled bf2 again last night since i never did get it working right, this time i used the new 1.4 patch
    i still got the same kicked from punkbuster for 0 minutes after i get into a server...i tried and counted 11 servers at random with ping range from 0-158, it loads, it lets me in then kicks me out. bult single player works fine

seems weird but i have to assume i mustve gotten banned permantely,i though perhaps punkbuster is seeing a running app and erronously saying its a cheat prog but i'm using all different running software this install so that must not be it, my friend who is high ranked on there never figured it out either.

i checked my month old post at eagames message board but no one ever responded so screw it all i guess, not expecting any cures with this post but just kinda ticks me off is all and dunno what else to try besides find another online game...maybe guild wars

8. Smety

Smety

You weren't banned perminantely, it's a bug, try reinstalling all the patches in order . . .

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!