1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Battlefield 2 Graphics problem

Discussion in 'Games' started by animalhouz, Feb 7, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. animalhouz

animalhouz Thread Starter

My Battlefield 2 has been having problems for some time when I Play Special forces expansion pack. What it does is after I play a map for more the 20 mins and not on all maps the screen has spots on it or walls that look torn or stretched only in some spots on the map and only in one direction. I have the latest driver for my Radeon X1600 and its not over heating or over clocked.Also I have the latest BF2 patch and its been unistalled and reinstalled 3 times. Has anyone here herd of this before. all my other games run fine Half-life2,COD2,Doom3 so on......

Windows xp home
    Amd athlon xp 3000+
    1.25 GB of Ram
    Radeon X1600

2. animalhouz

Also I have tried it with the lowest video settings!

3. GripS

GripS

sure sounds like a possible overheating issue to me. What did you do to verify heat wasn't the issue?

4. animalhouz

I have a thermometer on my case for CPU and case temp an I checked the temp on the Video card with a non contact thermometer and my CPU never got over 100F and my Video card was at 90F.

5. GripS

GripS

Well i wasn't worried about processor temp. What you are experiencing is definitely instability with the graphics card. The symptoms you describe indicate the GPU is overheating especially since this starts to occur after playing 20 minutes. I would try removing the side panel and aiming a household fan at the insides just to rule that out.

If you still have an issue then try rolling back to an older driver. Also try downloading a utility such as radclocker so you can downclock the GPU a bit.

6. animalhouz

OK I just downloaded ATI tool and I ran BF2 when it messed up again I got off right away and checked my temp with ATI tool and it said it was a 55C and thats good because all the sites i found talking about GPU temp said 80c was the highest you want. And I have tried everything els. Is any thing else i could try?

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/541960

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice