1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Battlefield 2 Issues

Discussion in 'Games' started by MahaGamer, Jun 29, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. MahaGamer

MahaGamer Thread Starter

Hey... I'm back and as normal i have an issue with BF2... I was at a friend's house and was playing some bf2 on his computer, and he plays on all low settings and 800x600, and it ran smoothly. So, me being inspired to play BF2 again, came home, put in the disk, started the game, and all of a sudden it's like my PC sucks... it took 2-3 minutes to load the map, and then 3 more minutes to verify the client data. once finally in the game, i get good framerates, but it "glitches" un-controllably and the hard drive sounds like it's chugging away for no reason at all. Normally a hard drive is reading during gameplay, but not this intense. After about 20 minutes of running around the map getting shot due to glitchyness, it smooths out and plays normally, and i get my usual 70-80 frames per second. I would really like to figure this out, figuring i have a friend who plays with half as much ram as i do, and crappier computer but still hops in a game and instantly starts pwning due to no lags. Help Please!!

-MahaGamer

P.S.- Also would like to note that this is the only game this happens with... CS:S runs great, NFS: Carbon runs great, FSX, even tho it takes about 2-3 minutes anyway to load the whole world, runs great, it's just BF2 that loads slowww and has always taken an eternity to verify client data, and then smooth out gameplay. I've had a friend start up his computer, load the game, find the same server, and get in the game and get a few kills in the time it took me to verify client data. Help is appreciated!!

2. MahaGamer

MahaGamer Thread Starter

Before, when i was actually in love with BF2, my uncle had let me borrow a gig of DDR2 while he was rebuilding his computer. So at the time i had 2 gigs, and the game ran very nicely, it didn't glitch or anything. Could the lack of that one gig of ram cause such a downfall in performance? I'm seriously considering buying a 2 GB kit from newegg, would that improve my load times and performance?

3. gamerbyron

gamerbyron

It should for the performance, but i'm not sure about the loading times. I have fear combat and my performance and my loading times run slow. So I upgrade my cpu and my video card performance( shown on my computer icon). It gains my performance, but still the same loading times speed. I think the game has to build alot of pixels.

4. [FR]Platinum

[FR]Platinum

least u can play the game, my battlefield 2 wont connect to my account/

5. MahaGamer

MahaGamer Thread Starter

Yeah... i just wish it wouldn't chugg so much right when you start a game...

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/589983

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice