Battlefield 2: Removing the pop up box.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Mayor Quimby

Has anyone removed the pop up box that tells you to download special forces using EA download service. IT pops up right after logging into EA account. Is annoying and the funny thing is, i have BF2: special forces also, and when i log in to play that, i get the same pop up box.

I'm still working on that myself. IT is pretty annoying. Not so much that i would have posted about it. But your not alone.

8dalejr.fan here... (http://www.gameslave.co.uk/bfparser.cfm?accountName=8dalejr.fan)

The popup box in BF2 was introduced with the 1.03 patch from October. It is EA's way notifying us of important things, or more correctly, trying to get us to spend more money especially if you don't have SF.

Hmm... advertising in games in the form of virtually pop up ads. Geez EA, what's next? Preventing us from playing the game if you don't download or buy something. Wait- they're almost doing that already. :rolleyes: lol @ the pwnage on vanilla BF2 servers with the flashbang and F2000...

Albeit annoying, it's supposed to be there. I'm sure there's a way to get rid of it (although I don't know one) but I don't really think it's that big of a deal just to click "Close" once you log in. I don't even have to think about it, nor to I take the time to read what the box says, I just click Close.

I know- they're still advertising "Preorder/ Download SF now", even though I already have it.

SF is a good game by the way (if only my video card didn't decide to call it quits on me :( ). Gotta love the British accents on the SAS team! Too funny! :D

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online