1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Battlefield 2 screen tearing...

Discussion in 'Games' started by DammitJanet, Jun 29, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DammitJanet

DammitJanet Thread Starter

I installed BF2 and its newest patch a few days ago and noticed that I'm having some severe screen tearing problems. I think it's because the vertical frames aren't synched. I'm not sure as I'm new to the game. I installed the latest video drivers for my card today and I've noticed no change. It seems to be happening no matter what the resolution. I prefer to run it at 1280x1024 at 60hz. I couldn't find anything in the settings that would alter the problem either. I have everything turned on at high detail. My system shouldn't be having any problems running the game. Specs are below. What should I do?

2. 8dalejr.fan

8dalejr.fan

Is it possible that your card is overheating?

I would also suggest running the game at Medium for a little and see if it does the screen tearing then too.

3. DammitJanet

DammitJanet Thread Starter

I don't think it's an overheating issue. I'm having the same problem at lower resolutions/lower detail settings.

It's still doing it. Any other suggestions?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/479369

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice