1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

BattleField 2142 Demo

Discussion in 'Games' started by Zeus.:God, Dec 30, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Zeus.:God

Zeus.:God Thread Starter

I am having problems with the Battle Field 2142 Demo. When I am playing it will just randomly quit and say, "BattleField2142.exe has encountered an error and must close". I don't know exactly why I am getting this. I did go to www.systemrequirementslab.com and I didn't meet minimum requirements because it said the 6600 GPU wasn't supported. Could that be the culprit? It said for the recommended 5800 or above.

I am lost... Please help.

Minimum Requirements: http://img100.imageshack.us/my.php?image=battlefield2142bullhonkfu5.jpg
    Recommended Requirements: http://img81.imageshack.us/my.php?image=battlefield2142bullhonkyo3.jpg

2. McTimson

McTimson

Didn't you just find out that your video card is defective? I would get that replaced before I tried playing anything else...

3. Zeus.:God

Yeah, but it still shouldn't make the game crash. It's the whole "GF 6600 is not supported" thing that worries me.

EDIT: I am going to be replacing it today, then I will try it. I still think the problem lies deeper, with the fact that my series of card is not supported. :(

4. crazydutch

crazydutch

no this has nothing to do with it i have been playing Battlefield series for well over a year now with my 6600GT and haven't had one single problem.

Oh my bad , you have a GF6600 and not a GT version ; i think you will need to get a new video card get a 7600GT.
    you could also do with another Gig or 512 to let it run smoothly

5. Zeus.:God

Dude, you are using a 6600... That's the "GF 6600 series" The GT is just a different model of the 6600. So, it must not be the card.

I just got my new card, and put it in. I'mma try some BF2 and see if it fixed my texture problems.

6. crazydutch

crazydutch

I know its the GF6600 series.
    Hope you're new vid card fixes the problem!

7. Zeus.:God

Nope, the new card didn't fix the problem... It turns out, the card was fine, and I had to flash my BIOS.

Anyway, it worked somewhat at first, but now, it just quits for no reason with no error message. F.E.A.R. Combat is doing the same old thing (Playing great and lag free at first, then lagging at everything when ever I restart it.), and the BF2 textures work perfectly.

Mixed results. :(

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!