1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

battlefield 2142 will it work

Discussion in 'Games' started by randomfire_o, Feb 14, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. randomfire_o

randomfire_o Thread Starter

I plan on buying battlefield 2142 i bought a new computer it has 2 gigs of ram 2.2 Ghz nVidia Ge force 7300LE with turbo cache up to 256 MB and its windows xp media im not great with computers and i was wondering how the game would work with my new system

2. Jones

Jones

It should be not too bad. The worst component is the video card. 7300 is pretty much the bottom of the 7 series cards from nVidia. You really should have something like a 7800 or 7900 card for BF2142. It's a pretty demanding game. 2gb of RAM is a good amount to have. Also, is the 2.2ghz processor a dual-core or single-core, and is it Intel or AMD?

Actually, now that I think about it, make sure that this is not an onboard video system. Onboard video is terrible for gaming. Any new gaming PC should have at least a 7800 256mb PCI-Express video card in it.

3. randomfire_o

it is a dual core ,AMD

4. randomfire_o

better or worse?

5. Jones

Jones

Well, the processor won't be the problem, and you have a good amount of RAM. It's your video card that might let you down. Notice I said 'might'. The 7300 was not designed to be a high-end gaming card. You should be able to play the game, but I'm not sure what kind of framerates you'll get.

The rest of your specs should provide you a pretty good experience. I'd say go ahead and get the game and see how it plays. If it's a bit slow, or you graphics aren't up to your expectations, a graphics card upgrade would be the next thing to get.

6. randomfire_o

Just wanted to say i rerally appreciate your help thanks alot!:) (y)

7. Jones

Jones

No sweat man. Enjoy the game! I'm pretty much hooked on it right now.

8. randomfire_o

hey jones i got the game and it works well on single player but for multi player all 700 servers are in red and when i try to join it says the server is a different version does this mean i have to dowload patch 1.2? because thats what im doing now

9. Jones

Jones

Yes, you need the new patch. As the servers get updated, you won't be able to play on them with older versions of the game.

How do you like the game so far? :)

10. Jones

Jones

Also, if you go into the 'Advanced' server tab, you can narrow your search for servers by alot of different criteria.

If you select 'Rank Restricted' servers, it will display a list of servers that only players with the first ten ranks in the game are allowed to play on. It's a good way to start and not have to play against an entire crew of veterans! :D

You can also filter by map size, game mode, etc. Just always make sure you join 'Ranked' servers. These are the only ones you can earn points on, and they tend to follow certain ethical play rules. It makes it more fun if there aren't a bunch of cheaters on the server. Ranked servers are patrolled alot better for that stuff.

11. randomfire_o

yo thanks alot for the advice i love the game so far works great i thinnk im at the 6th rank right now

12. Jones

Jones

Good to hear man! I'm at Captain Gold right now. Which kit do you use mostly? I prefer Recon or Support, but I'm finding Engineer to be pretty fun, too.

13. randomfire_o

wow captain gold really gold i like recon and assualt i dont use support or engineer to much

14. Jones

Jones

15. randomfire_o

hmmm jones im having another problem...
    now when i log in to battlefield 2142 and i select my soldiers name it says contacting EA master server then it does that for maby 4-7 mins then the next screen willc come up but it has no information on it or anything to click on i cant select anything and there are no choices to select it just did it today

16. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!