1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Battlefield 2142 will not load

Discussion in 'Games' started by tech mom, Jan 31, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. tech mom

tech mom Thread Starter

I have tried getting Battlefield 2142 to load since Christmas. I had it loaded with extreme lag so I upgraded my Ram with an additional gig. Now not only will the game not load, (it closes after it pops up for abt 30 sec), but now the other games my son was able to play will not play either. I just did this ram upgrade yesterday so does anyone know what is going on. I know I need a different video card but before the upgrade I could get further than this. We could get all the way into the game it was just really choppy. I have learned a lot since my son has started gaming but obviously not enough. Can someone please help. I keep spending money and it seems to get worse. thanks

2. blaine2521

blaine2521

Take the old ram out and use the new ram. See if you get as far as you did with the old ram. The new ram may be bad. Also is the new ram the same mb as the old ram?

3. tech mom

tech mom Thread Starter

No I have two slots DDR ram. I had them install one stick of 1gig ram and the other stick is 512 that came with it. Is that the problem??

4. blaine2521

blaine2521

Take the 512 out and use the 1gig. I always thought when you install ram it had to be the same mb all the sticks. I may be wrong But you said "them" whos "them"

5. tech mom

tech mom Thread Starter

Geek Squad at Best Buy. There is one guy there that is really good but he wasnt there yesterday. If I take the 512 out will I still be able to play Battlefield 2142. I hear it needs a lot of ram.

6. blaine2521

blaine2521

1gb is more than 512. But try this go to run and type dxdiag and it will bring up your pc specs. It will show if your pc is recognizing the extra memory. Post how much memory its showing

7. tech mom

tech mom Thread Starter

It is showing the new memoroy. I already did that

8. blaine2521

blaine2521

It would be alot of trouble taking your PC back and forth to Best Buy to have them work on it. I would try taking the old ram out and using the new 1 gig only. But you may be having other issues that i cant troubleshoot. But be patient someone will come along that will be able to help you......

Good Luck

9. Jones

Jones

Based on your computer specs, this does not sound like a RAM issue. The video card you have does not have enough power to run that game. I'm surprised you even got it to load at all.

A video card upgrade would make a huge difference in your gaming experience. If you are willing and able to get a new card, post your budget, and what type of card your system will take (AGP or PCI-Express), and we can probably find you a great card for your system that will make BF2142 very playable.

10. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!