1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Battlefield 3 Graphics Issues

Discussion in 'Games' started by RVR87, Nov 1, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. RVR87

RVR87 Thread Starter

Whenever I play Battlefield 3 for more than a few minutes my graphics start tweaking out, and it doesn't matter if I put it on low, med, high, or ultra settings. I have the latest driver from NVIDIA so I'm not sure why I am having this problem. When I played the BETA I did not have these graphic issues. To see what I see please view: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jaxKR_S_jOE
    Please help me!

2. flyer0101

flyer0101

First Name:
    Dylan
    Ok i'd recommend you go to canyourunit.com and make sure that your computer meets the recommended requirements for Battlefield 3 Retail version as the Beta and Retail versions will have differences. What graphics card do you have and what PSU do you have?

3. Shafty89

Shafty89

Having the same issues..

Specs:

Asus P6T Deluxe V2
    Intel core i7 950 3,06Ghz
    10Gb DDR3
    ENGTX560 Ti DCII TOP/2DI/1GD5 Nvidia
    850W Antec PSU

4. flyer0101

flyer0101

First Name:
    Dylan
    Have you got the latest drivers for your graphics card?

5. RVR87

RVR87 Thread Starter

I have the latest driver installed.
    These are my specs:
    i7-2600k
    8 GB CORSAIR RAM
    MSI N560GTX-Ti Twin Frozr II
    ASUS P8Z68-Vpro
    1.36 TB HardDrive

6. RVR87

RVR87 Thread Starter

Yes, i do. i'm not sure what else i can do...

7. RVR87

RVR87 Thread Starter

These are my specs:
    i7-2600k
    8 GB CORSAIR RAM
    MSI N560GTX-Ti Twin Frozr II
    ASUS P8Z68-Vpro
    1.36 TB HardDrive

8. flyer0101

flyer0101

First Name:
    Dylan
    Have you tried searching the web maybe your graphics card which diffently meets the recommended settings, but it may still have a problem with battlefield 3. Try searching online and see if there are any posts about it.

9. Hooly23

Hooly23

Hey RVR87, I have the exact same problem and I have the exact same video card as you do. I have tried multiple drivers with no luck. It turns out, I am having some issues in other games as well so I am RMAing mine to MSI. It may be worth contacting them to see if you can do the same. I have a feeling there may be an issue with the card itself as I have read other posts from users having similar issues in other games.

10. Shafty89

Shafty89

similiar problem with: ASUS ENGTX560 Ti DCII TOP/2DI/1GD5 and it's about a month old, so I don't think the problem is MSI.

11. Hooly23

Hooly23

I wasn't saying there isn't an issue with BF3 or drivers for different cards, but he and I have the same card so there may be a link there. I'll update when I get it back.

12. Freddytwoshoes

Freddytwoshoes

Same card, same problem...

13. Sick_Jargon

Sick_Jargon

Wow...! There are topics scattered across the Internet concerning this but no fix... I'm beginning to think DICE needs to take a step up here and develop a patch.

Anyway, as a temporary fix have you tried:

Turning off AA/AF/OCC Lighting Effects?

Also, are you using the most current nvidia beta drivers for BF3? I believe they were released on the 11th.

[edit]

I found a possible temporary fix on another forum. Try using a different browser while using Battlelog, make sure to turn off any hardware acceleration features in the browser.

14. RVR87

RVR87 Thread Starter

I have the most current nvidia beta drivers, but no luck. I haven't tried turning off aa/af/occ yet...

15. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1025051

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice