1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Battlefield bad company 2

Discussion in 'Games' started by MattGillman, Sep 7, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. MattGillman

MattGillman Thread Starter

Hi,

Im thinking of purchasing it, I used the "Can i run it" app, which said i passed all minimum requirements, however, when i checked the recomended it said my graphics card didnt pass that.

I checked the recommended requirements which are apparently 512mb, and my graphics card is 1GB as far as i know.

ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5470

Has the "Can i run it" app failed?

2. Gulo Luseus

Gulo Luseus

5470 is perfectly fine for BC2. Dont expect to run on high, but it will do the job happily. No worries there.

3. blackfire

blackfire

Hi, first post so i hope i am in the right forum. and apoligize if i am not.

I have the mobile intel GMA 4500m video card and am wondering if i can run bad company 2?

I am not clear on what the different card and ratings/speed mean.

Thank you.

4. Mayor Quimby

Mayor Quimby

Laptops graphic cards are water down. I would not recommend them for gaming. The programmers design PC games to run on the Desktop version of the graphic cards and even they run into problems. Laptop version may run it but are not supported usually. So it may run but with problems or really low setting or it may not run at all.

I play BFBC2 with Geforce 9600 GT and it can only run it on low settings smoothly. This game will use all your horsepower. I would advise just getting a Xbox 360 or PS3 and buying a copy for one of those consoles. The PC version is a port of console version so the game is pretty much the same across all platform.

Wait til Battlefield 3 comes out, now your gonna need a pc for that

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!