1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Battlefield Vietnam Installation Problem!!!

Discussion in 'Games' started by Camper_x45, Mar 11, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Camper_x45

Camper_x45 Thread Starter

Hello, I am having a very bad BFV installation problem... it is BFV redux... if that helps... so ~ anyway, when i open the BFV autorun, it's suppposed to have the little buttons that say "Play" and "Install" .... right? well, when that pops up, those two buttons aren't there, I know that "play" shouldn't be there, because I haven't installed BFV yet... but I have tried to open the application that says "setup.exe" from the BFV file itself, so everything seems that it's going smoothly, but then, when I click on "ok" to finish selecting my game features that I would like, the whole installation freezes, and I can't install BFV because, later, a message comes up saying "you must insert disc 2 that has data file "data3.cab"." So, I insert disk 2, although the installation hasn't even started yet, and then it asks me for disk 3, 4 and so on... and at the end, It says "please insert disk 1, the installation disk" ... that is really annoying, I can't get BFV to install... so, if anyone can help me with either my un-highlighted buttons, or my setup problem, I would be most thankful.

Regards,
    Camper_x45

2. Camper_x45

3. Camper_x45

Can anyone respond to this, please?

4. Gulo Luseus

Gulo Luseus

What do you mean by redux ?

5. DarklykraD

DarklykraD

Disable your security software such as AV anti spyware and firewall....

Few Anti Virus Scan archive file (cab).....
    (need half hour to install bioshock..... waste my time)

:mad:

6. Camper_x45

Gulo Luseus, I bought a version of BFV called BFV: Redux, and, by 'Redux', it means it has a BFV WW2 mod also with a 'bonus disc' with maps, mods and stuff.

7. Camper_x45

And DarklykraD, I tried that, it doesn't work...

8. dman4862

dman4862

so when you inserted disc 1 at the end what did it do?

9. Camper_x45

Ok, so... Dman4862, when I insert disk 1, the small autorun-pop-up thing appears, the one that has [Play], [Install], ETC, so, [Play] and [Install] are in grey, as the others should be in white, so I can't press [Install] to try and install the game, so... yeah

10. Camper_x45

11. gamewolf

gamewolf

Have you tried it on another computer? If you have access to another, see if it does the same thing.

Also, can you list your computer specs?

12. Camper_x45

I'll see if it works on another computer, gamewolf, thank's!

PS: What do you mean by 'computer specs'? sorry, I don't have much of a knowledge of shortened words or abbreviations.

13. Camper_x45

Yeah, Gamewolf, it works on another computer, and as for my 'computer specs', I went to my 'Control Panel' in Start and went on to 'System Properties', and under 'computer:', this is what it said:

AMD Sempron(tm) 2400+

1.6 GHz, 1.00 GB of RAM

And in Control Panel, under 'Display', I went on to 'Settings', and it said:

1. BenQ FP731 on ATI Radeon 9550 / X1050 Series

Yeah, I think that's most of my 'computer specs', well, if you have the solution to this, please reply as soon as possible :|

14. Camper_x45

Yep, riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight :/

15. Camper_x45

mhmm......

16. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/692149