1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Battlefield Vietnam on Windows 7

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by Moliat, May 19, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Moliat

Moliat Thread Starter

I am attempting to install Battlefield Vietnam on my Zepto Laptop, with Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit.
    When I try to install the game, it says: "Specified component cannot be found in the media. An attempt was made to acces a component that does not exist in the named media."

I have tried running the autorun and setup.exe files in compitability mode, both Windows XP Service Pack 2 -and- Windows 2000. Neither of which have worked, I get the same error message every time.

Any help solving this would be greatly appreciated!

2. Megabite

Megabite

That is a very old game...I would say it is not compatible with your Operating System

3. Moliat

Moliat Thread Starter

Yeah but it should work, I also belive it is on the list of games that can run on W7... I just can't get it to!

4. Megabite

Megabite

Could be the integrated video card isn't high spec enough.......plus that is 64bit W7

5. Megabite

Megabite

Also have you tried cleaning the disc and does it have scratches on it?

6. antech

antech Banned

Is the Game a Legit CD/DVD?

7. Moliat

Moliat Thread Starter

The CD has no scratches on it, and I have tried cleaning it. My laptop's disk-reader is not working, so I am using an external CD-drive, but this has not been a problem with anything before.

Also, it is a 3xCD installation, but it fails at the first CD, and yes, it is legit.

Don't know if this helps?

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/924034