1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

BB Cable Routers, WITH Servers, WS's

Discussion in 'Networking' started by fredman, Jan 23, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fredman

fredman Thread Starter

I bought a Netgear RP614 4 port cable/dsl router, I want to use it with 3 workstations, but I also have a Win 2000 Server I wanted to admin Internet access with (actually, the hours my kids can get online, I don't want them on at midnight, etc.).
    I may want them on the server itself, but not necessarily the Internet after certain times.

Is there a way to Admin this ?

I also have a 4th workstation i'd like to throw on this system, I just don't know how to wire all this with the uplink port (do I need 2 NIC's in the Server ?)

I pretty much know how the hardware stuff works, but I am new to the admin side of it.

Worst-case scenario is to plug in my 5 port Linksys switch into one of the the Cable router ports, and then from the uplink port to the server....

p.s. do I need to use crossover wires in any of these scenarios ?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/114970

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice