Bcc: Or Fw:, Fw:, Fw:, Fw:, Fw:?

Deke40

I think I got a what has to be a record Fw: email. I usually don't even open them anymore but was curious.

I counted over 300 email addresses before I got crosseyed and gave up.

When are people going to learn how to pass on a good joke or a fake amber alert without all the Fw:s to deal with. I don't think they realize by not using Bcc: all those addresses are going all over the place.

My spam count has about reached the level that I am going to change my main email address again and send out the evidently unread tip about Bcc:ing.

Thanks for listening I think I feel better now.:D

LOL I get quite a few of these from a limited number of e-mailers and 9 times out of 10 it turns out to be a joke I read over a year ago. :rolleyes: I've never bothered to count the # of fw's. :D

Usually what I do is copy and paste the actual joke, make a new email, stick "FW:" in the title and send it on its way.

teengeekgrrl said:
Usually what I do is copy and paste the actual joke, make a new email, stick "FW:" in the title and send it on its way.
Now if we could just train a large part of the world population to do the same...

I have tried explaining it to people and I do believe a portion of internet unsavy people don't understand the copy paste feature..

One gal I have explained how to copy paste a gazillion times to, still doesn't get it....

Why don't you get a Yahoo account. They separate the spams from the good stuff for you... and you can get rid of 300 spams with one click.
Shamou

Deke40

Shamou said:
Why don't you get a Yahoo account. They separate the spams from the good stuff for you... and you can get rid of 300 spams with one click.
Shamou
I didn't get 300 spams. One email had that many address on all the Fw:s.

I use rules in OE but sometimes businesses do business with have a slight variation in their address and I wouldn't receive their emails.

Sorry. I read your original thread too fast.
This is what I deserve:

Shamou

Deke40

Shamou said:
Sorry. I read your original thread too fast.
This is what I deserve:

Shamou
I didn't mean to sound harsh just making a point.:)

bassetman

Moderator (deceased) - Gone but never forgotten
teengeekgrrl said:
That's what I do too! ;)

Hello Deke40
No problem. I did not see it as anything harsh. Just wanted to laugh a little.
Shamou

How do you tell your friends you just don't like all the forwards without hurting their feelings or ticking them off. I tried just not responding to them, and I never forward them, and hoping they will take the hint. Some of the ones the friends send, say, also send back to me! I have thought of foewarding them all back to the sender, but I like my friends. :confused:

I do that too, TGG and BMan :D

For a while, there was one dude who just kept sending me fw's x a gazillion and I'd tell him time and time again, please not to, but he kept doing it.:rolleyes:
My solution? Tell everyone else my new addy and not him. :p His go to the now disposable e-mail addy and since he sends his fw's to my buddies I still get his jokes, just shorter cleanup up versions. ;) :D

Shamou: Me thinks we created a smilie monster, telling you how to do those.

Have a great day.

Tuckey: Just explain to them how to cut and paste the joke to send it on and remind them that it is protecting the privacy of themselves and their online friends to keep their email addy's private. :)

EDIT: Oops I misread this one, Tuckey. I do not partake of the send to <fill in the blank># of people. I still get them. I don't forward them and I still have my friends. And good luck. I think. :D

bassetman

Moderator (deceased) - Gone but never forgotten
I usually say "Do you know that you can....and then people can't see who all you are sending too" ;)

Deke40

I usually don't forward all those "send this to 11 more people" and back to the one who sent it. I think this is just a form of spam. I had lowered my limit on opening Fw:s to 3 and I am thinking about just deleting them.

Same way about the carets. I have sent out numerous emails explaining how to stop those from appearing to no avail.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online