1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Bccode 50 - clean install win 7 mimidmp attached

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by rudhawk, Jan 17, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. rudhawk

rudhawk Thread Starter

Thanks in advance. I did a fresh install of Win 7 home premium on an Intel 520 series 120gb SSD. this on a multiboot system. I'm running in AHCI mode on a gigabyte EP45-UD3R. The only things different from previous setup is I added 2 gb Ram (now 8 gb total) running at 2.1 v and 5-5-5-12 timing.

ram is:
    2X2 - Patriot Pdc24G6400ELK link rated (5-5-5-12 @ 1.9v)
    2X2 - Patriot Pdc24G6400LLK link rated (4-4-4-12 @ 2.2v)

both of these modules passed memtest 7 passes with no errors individually on another board (965PP-DS3) but I haven't tested them together.

I appreciate the help in advance - a point in the right direction - is it the ram, a bios setting, graphics driver? I'm stumped.

Edit: here's another crash report I just experience (pc was idle with homegroup troubleshooter open).

Attached Files:

2. rainforest123

rainforest123

What happens if you remove the 2 GB of ram that you added?

edit:
    matched ram generally works better than un matched ram.
    end edit

RF123

3. rudhawk

rudhawk Thread Starter

Well, bsod's became more frequent and, after testing every piece of hardware and driver in my system, I decided to just clean erase my SSD and do a clean install. All done and stable (with 4 gb of memory). I may try the other two sticks at a later date.

4. rainforest123

rainforest123

Please keep us posted; whether or not the clean install helps.

I am very pleased with my SSD; reduced my boot time by nearly 50%.

RF123

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1085692

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice