1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

bccode errors

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by dud, Sep 20, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dud

dud Guest Thread Starter

Does anyone have any idea what these codes mean or where I can find out the meaning of specific codes?
    I've got a system running xp comprising a pcchips 810lmr mobo, Duron 1100, 256mb pc133 sdram. Every time it boots it will just about finish loading desktop then display a 'recovered from serious crash' message and list the bccode error signature. There are two different codes and they appear in a random sequence at each reboot.
    The first one starts 'bccode : be' followed by bcp1 to bcp4 strings of letters and numbers and ending in 'osver: 5_1_2_2600 sp:0_0 product 256.1'.
    The second one is the same format but it starts with 'bccode : 24' and the bcp# strings are different.
    No amount of tinkering with the bios, software or hardware seems to make a difference.

The system was brand spanking new for about a week. It then fell victim to msblast. The removal was only described briefly to the owner but he went ahead and did it and it seemed ok after that. The system came back to have a dvd and graphic card (64mb mx440 agp) fitted which was perfectly straightforward, double checked for msblast, ran the fix and the patch. Sent
    it back to owner. Back it comes, everything freezes after 5-10 minutes when you exit a window. Everything is checked and reducing hardware acceleration seems to cure it and away it goes. Again it comes back! Cannot create a word document as the cursor freezes and becomes distorted mid line...
    So far I have:
    Changed the memory
    Double checked bios settings
    Uninstalled office
    Uninstalled the new dvd
    updated nvidia drivers
    uninstalled graphic card

and each time one of the error signatures keeps popping up!
    Short of doing a complete reformat I would rather beat this for future reference than go the easy route... has anyone got any ideas what's going on here?

Many thanks
    Andy
    :cool:

2. kiwiguy

kiwiguy

You usually receive this type of error message when Windows attempts to use device drivers that are incompatible with Windows XP.

whats left?
    Sound card/chip drivers?
    All mobo drivers?

I just wonder if some drivers have been damaged or incorrect ones are being used, following the blaster episode.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/166170

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice