1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

BCCode...Restart

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by bogi, Oct 15, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. bogi

bogi Thread Starter

First let me say how happy I am to have stumbled onto this forum...I did a lot of reading yesterday on other BCCode errors that are similar to my symptoms, but not the same error, and I quickly see there are some brilliant people here!

The error I am getting is below:
    I have searched Microsoft's Knowledge base...as well as a Google search, and a search here, and have never found a match to this specific error.

My setup & current changes:
    P-4 2.6 Gb, with Raid Mirrored Hard drives, that has 6 partitions with the Operating System (Windows XP Pro) isolated on a partition by itself. I take periodic images (using Drive Image) of the OS drive.

Recently, I was haveing some issues & strange behavior (NOT THE ERROR I am now having) with the OS, so I decided to roll back the OS to the state it was about 4 months ago with a Drive Image. All went pretty well on the roll back & it fixed the problems....mostly. So I decided to try another Anti-Virsus Program AGV ( I was using Norton that had current virus definitions DL'd just a couple days before). AGV picked up two viruses & cleaned them from my system.

Every other thing on my system is now running great, except the error I am getting (above) when I open a certain program (this program was working fine before the image roll back). I click to open the program & the computer restarts, goes through a scan disk, and XP opens stating it has recovered from a seroius error, with a link to "details".

Any ideas?
    thanks-bogi

2. ~Candy~

~Candy~ Retired Administrator

Hi and welcome. Glad to see we finally got your registered....*whew*

What program are you trying to open?

3. bogi

bogi Thread Starter

Hi AcaCandy!
    Your prompt attention is duely noted to help with the registration problem-thanks!
    For security concerns, I cannot say the program, but there are two reasons why I believe this to be an OS problem, not a program problem.

A. This program worked before the Image roll back
    B. When the program does open (this is a random error that strikes 30-40% of the time.not always), it does work fine.

4. ~Candy~

Perhaps a reinstall of the program in mention?

5. bogi

bogi Thread Starter

That would be a last resort. The program resides in a partition outside the OS partition, and should not have been afected by the OS image rollback.

So I am seeking info to repair this specific error.

Thanks-bogi

6. ~Candy~

Well, since no one else has said anything, I'm going to give my thoughts on that. An image rollback would affect things as it could have changed the registry settings, and since even though the program resides outside of the operating system, it was STILL INSTALLED THRU the operating system to get the reg entries that it needs....so I still stand by my opinion to reinstall the application ;)

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/172200

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice