Been there, not doin' that.....

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

klloyd

OK..previously, when I would insert a CD into my CD drive, the program would start automatically, now it does nothing. I know I can go to My Computer>D: and the folder opens and I can open the program that way, but I would much rather let the computer do it for me. Now, I know I read somewhere where you can fix this problem, unfortunately I can't recall how. HELP..........

klloyd

Sorry to sound like such an idiot here - but now what? I have saved the information to the registry. What does that do? And what the hecks the registry?????
Thanks!!

You may need to reboot for it to take effect. You should also check your cd-rom's properties>settings page and make sure "autoinsert nofitication" is checked.

The Windows registry is in essence a data bank which contains critical information for managing all hardware, software processes in your system.

To check the Device manager, press the Windows key and the Pause Key at the same time. Click the + beside CD-Rom then select Properties>Settings.

If you want to have a look at the registry setting you just modified, go to start and run regedit

Click in order:

+ HKEY_Current_User
+ Software
+ Microsoft
+ Windows
+ CurrentVersion
+ Policies
Explorer

Look in the right hand pane for:

"NoDriveTypeAutoRun"=hex:95,00,00,00

95 should be the data value as indicated.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online