Beep at Startup

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

QuantumNexxus

A few days ago I tried to add another monitor to my setup. At first it worked fine, but there wasn't enough space on my desk for 2 monitors, so I unplugged everything pretty safely, no yanking or anything. Once it was ready, I turned it on, and an error came up. It was one of those light blue screens with the text smiley face saying "There's an error, we'll restart it for you."

It never restarted, so I held the power button and turned it off. When I went to turn it back on, 1 beep sounded, and nothing showed up on the screen. I checked all the cords, and everything was fine. Of course I restarted it again, and it did the same thing.

I googled a bunch of stuff, like beep codes for certain motherboards. I didn't find it too helpful (probably because I'm not too good with computers). I tried to remove my GPU (EVGA 750 Ti, if that helps), my audio card, and RAM, and turned the computer back on again. Same beep, same issue as before. I'm guessing it's either the card drive or more like, the CPU (Intel Core i5). If anyone needs the recording of the beep (because reading text of a sound can be kind of hard) I can attach it.

If anyone can help me, that would be amazing!

two things you can do to help us, as lochlomonder said make and model of mother board so we know what the beep code is telling you, and then you can get us a picture of the error code. other wise, open her up replug everything and try again

QuantumNexxus

The Acer N1996 motherboard, and can't really give an error code as nothing is showing up on screen.

QuantumNexxus

Checking the motherboard manual, it said that the motherboard should have an AMI BIOS. After checking the beep codes for this, it said 1 beep means you have a RAM issue, and should replace it. Can someone assure this?

i beep at startup is normal.....power on self test (post beep)
i see u have onboard video....did u take out the EVGA 750 Ti and connect the video cable to the onboard video port
see what happens

QuantumNexxus

i beep at startup is normal.....power on self test (post beep)
i see u have onboard video....did u take out the EVGA 750 Ti and connect the video cable to the onboard video port
see what happens
There is still a beep. Same one.

pull the power plug.... take the side panel off the side of the case and reset the power and data plugs on the harddrive..... data plug on the motherboard and make sure all cables are snug and tight
also list all your spec's including what power supply

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online