1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Beep Codes on Startup

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by SparkPlugBolt, Sep 24, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. SparkPlugBolt

SparkPlugBolt Thread Starter

Hi,

I was playing Syndicate on PC, and then suddenly, the game froze along with the sound. I could not alt tab, or ctl alt del. So I shut down the laptop using the power button.

Then onwards, every time I start/restart it beeps numerous times and then the HP logo is seen, then it beeps numerous times again and then asks "Choose operating system". I click windows 7 on that screen and then it starts and works fine.

I have started and restarted, and the number of beep codes are numerous and dont have an exact count everytime. On one start it might be 11 beeps and on another it might be 8 beeps.

I am on HP G70 120, and I am on Windows 7 32 Bit.
    The only operating system I am using is Windows 7.

How do I fix this? Whats the cause of the beeping problem?

2. dai

dai

3. JazzySOUL

JazzySOUL

Most likely a ram issue. If you have two sticks of ram, remove, dust up and reseat them properly. Restart and observe the pc. If the problem persists then remove only one stick of ram and restart and observe the pc. Do the same for the other stick of ram.

4. dai

dai

5. SparkPlugBolt

I think the problem is more with the software. Cause I was playing Syndicate, when it froze due to a bug in the game. I forced shut down the laptop. Upon starting the beeping problem started.

And btw, after the beeps the computer starts working fine just like before. The only problem, is that it beeps during startup.

Any idea what BIOS issues or anything in the software side that might be causing the problem?

6. SparkPlugBolt

Thanks.

I will check it out.

7. dustyjay

dustyjay

First Name:
    Jay
    If you are recieving the beep code during post, it is not a software problem.

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1070198

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice