1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Beep from inside the computer

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by mippmaf, Sep 6, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mippmaf

mippmaf Thread Starter

Hi!
    This problem first occured one week ago and it won't go away. I have a Panasonic Toughbook CF-73 portable computer. The problem is that when I start certain programs (for example when I start Skype Internet telephony, iTunes and when I'm on certain Internet sites using either the Explorer browser or the Mozilla Firefox browser) a sharp sound starts sounding from inside the computer. The sound is strongest near the fan. The sound continues until the program (Skype, iTunes etc.) is closed or if I start playing an mp3. But as soon as I pause the mp3 the sound starts again.Even if I have no sound on the speakers I can hear the sound from inside the computer. But if I start an mp3, even if the speakers are off, it goes away. the sound is driving me crazy and I would be foreever thankful to the person who could help me get rid of it.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/270762

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice